Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Not much to report today (though I'll find SOMETHING)...

I wanted to check in, just so you wouldn't worry. ;-) Seriously, today was just "one of those days," neither great nor terrible. I was happy that the elastic brace (or whatever you call it) that I wore on my left knee really helped my cross-training workout, and I could do 45 minutes pain-free. YAY! I think I now have a mild case of shin splints on that same leg, due to fast-walking on the treadmill yesterday, but I'll be fine. I'm still kind of upset about not getting into the troupe I auditioned for Sunday night, mostly b/c the play would have been SO MUCH FUN to be involved with, and b/c I knew the minute I walked in the room and saw M. there that I had no chance (and I was right). Sigh. I still haven't heard from any festivals about my submissions except the 1-2 minute one (which is something, at least), and so I know I need to write more, starting this weekend. I also have a friend involved in a tough job search, and I'm grateful to be gainfully employed.

I'm also excited that I'll get to teach the Year One Seminar next Fall. Still, today was a sort of blah day, and I was tired after the 90 minute advising meeting after work, so to cheer myself up a bit, I bought myself a little present--the CD "Please Describe Yourself" by Dogs Die in Hot Cars--and hope I like the disc as much as I love the single "I love you 'cause I have to," which is a kind of fast ska/punk song and PERFECT to work out to. I had hoped that would be the case with the Dandy Warhols CD I downloaded, but aside from the tracks "Not if you were the last junky on earth," "Minnesoter"--yes ,that's how it's spelled--,"Cool as Kim Deal," and "Every day is a holiday," the songs are too trippy to use as anything but background music (fine, but not what I was looking for, esp. when "Bohemian like you," from another of their CDs, is the BEST. SONG. EVER to work out to. Trust me on this one.).

And so the week carries on. My birthday approaches, and I'm trying not to let myself get down about it, as it will happen either way. ;-) I do have both brunch and dinner plans with friends for Sunday (my actual birthday), and b/c it's a three-day weekend, due to Patriots Day/the Boston Marathon, I get to fill Saturday AND Monday with fun stuff (at least I hope I can) as well. I also found out that I have 77.30 (!) hours that I need to take of vacation time b/f June 30th, and happily my friend C. in Buffalo invited me to spend four days with her, including an overnight in Toronto, so I'm totally excited about that.

Off to watch The Daily Show. Looking forward to yoga tomorrow night, warmer weather, some down time, and the chance to read "Empire Falls" by Richard Russo for book club. For now, it's time to tape The Daily Show and slip into bed. Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home