Thursday, May 18, 2006

I guess I spoke too soon...

Or the submission fairy godmother heard me. In any case, I just got a 10-minute play accepted into a festival in Maryland! *jumping up and down* The play is called "Out for the Holidays," about Santa Claus coming out (as Santa, not as gay) to his college-aged daughter. I have no idea why I sent this one (along with two others), but I'm glad I did. :) The website URL is here: http://www.cedarlanestage.org/auditions.html

So if you want more info about the festival, go there. I think my play might have appealed to the theatre b/c it has a part for a 50+ male, and the program it's on has parts for several...ahem...mature actors. Anyway, that's just a guess. It is not for me to question, just for me to be excited (they took 9 plays out of nearly 100, so I'm beyond excited). Okay, so maybe I was a BIT premature in thinking that my plays would never be taken by anyone. I guess it just FEELS that way sometimes (most of the time). I suppose I need to believe in myself a bit more and let the plays find their homes. (And of course I need to continue writing.) Remind me of this next time I bemoan my lack of acceptances, realizing that I won't believe you til the next time someone takes one of mine. It's not that I enjoy bitching, really. It's that I feel like a total nobody, a fraud, when I get a rejection, and it takes an acceptance to pump me back up. I know, I know, I should be able to find inner validation about my craft, but...um...I can't. Not yet. Hopefully someday. But for now, I just want to take in the happiness of another acceptance. And breathe deeply with relief.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numbers game, numbers game, numbers game. Keep that in mind, and keep plugging.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Karen Zgoda said...

It's easy to get discouraged - chin up and keep at it!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sue B said...

Yep. Yep. Yep. And thanks.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home