Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Not much to say...

And that's why there haven't been many posts from me. The latest piece of bad news I received was that my supervisor, V., is leaving at the end of July (if not sooner). She is moving with her husband to Tennessee to be near her family and b/c her husband is not at all well and they can't figure out why, though she suspects stress. V. is incredible--a team player, supportive, smart, and just NICE AS HELL--and she will be greatly missed. (She has been my supervisor for two years, and worked in various capacities at the school before that, so I've known her for about 8 1/2 years.) I also am certain it will take many months to replace her position of Registrar, as the school I work for currently has openings for an Admissions Director, an Admissions Counselor, and a Financial Aid Director (the latter open since December, I believe) and can't fill any of them. I have little faith that we'll have someone in before Course Registration in mid-August, and maybe not for quite a while afterwards. Meanwhile, three of us in the department--me, the Director of Student Services, the Assistant Registrar, and the Assistant to the Registrar--will have to run the department and I can't see how we can do it using our new administrative system. I am distressed, to say the least.

Aside from that, I have no news. I may never be able to afford a new car (serious debt, thankyouverymuch), I have no boyfriend prospects, none of my plays seem to be generating any kind of interest, and I am going through serious acting withdrawal. Oh, and I have started binge eating again. Man, I sound terrific, don't I? I'm sorry. I am just not in the best state at the moment. (At least I'm back in therapy again; I hope it helps.) I am reading "Fat Girl" b/c I hope it gets me back on the healthier eating trail and b/c eating disorders fascinate me. I'm also going to the Boston Theatre Marathon this Sunday w/ A.--10 hours of 10-minute plays--though I'm not certain how wise this is of me, considering that I didn't get cast in any of them (at least I didn't submit for it, so I can't feel badly about that). If I really start to get depressed, I'll leave of course, but I enjoyed it last year and hope to again, plus it's in a comfortable theatre in the South End, and I should have fun chatting about the works with A., who read several, as I did, in the weeding out process (I hope to get some ideas for future plays as well--a monologue I wrote, "Chair," was inspired by a play I saw last year, so I'll bring a notebook with me and see).

Work is pretty slow, not a bad thing, but I do feel more tempted to eat to fill the void when that's the case. I've struggled with eating issues all my life, so there's no reason now should be any different. I'm still a size 8, desperately wanting to be a 6 but more desperately refusing to get to a 10 again. So, anyway, that's where I am right now. Which isn't really anywhere. And that's why I won't be writing too often until I do have something interesting to say. Let's hope that's soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home