Monday, March 14, 2005

My first post!

Well, this is pretty exciting! My first blog entry ever. Remember this date: March 14, 2005. It's not the Ides of March, but it's the Ides of Soobee!!!

Anyway, I decided to blog because I'm a writer and I have lots of things I think about. No one may care or many may, but I'm putting them out there and seeing what will stick.
If you're wondering about me, I work for a small design school as Director of Student Affairs. I am an advisor, a writing center consultant, and a gym-a-holic by day, and a would-be dramatist by night/weekends (as well as the proud aunt of four nieces and one nephew, ages 2-8). I am trying to get one of my short plays produced and I frequently try out for theatrical productions, to no avail (save for the SLAMBoston Festival in January at the Devanaughn Theatre). Endlessly hopeful (or at least persistent), I continue to audition, hoping *someone* will be interested in casting me (or accepting one of my scripts).

As far as my personal life, suffice it to say I'm seeking a creative, artistic, but down-to-earth guy who likes to do stuff and isn't insane. That seems reasonable enough, but somehow isn't. Don't ask me why.

Things I can't live without: Sobe Power Beverages, my mp3 player (a Blue Creative Zen Micro, with 1,500 songs on it--I kid you not), The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, my gym, my family and friends, humor, fun, the ocean, my computer, and The Boston Globe. Things I COULD EASILY live without: snow, ice, cold, cancer and all forms of disease, the war in Iraq, mean or thoughtless people, rape, murder, and sausages (ick).

Sometimes I feel so small and meaningless in this large, vastly uncaring world, and then I think about my family, especially Sammi, and smile. Sometimes I want to stop eating until I weigh virtually nothing, but then I remember how much I love microwave popcorn or nachos (temporarily on hold) and allow myself to eat. I think I have something to share with the world--my love of expression and my need to create--and I just have to keep on going until I'm satisfied. Mostly, I have to remember that without inner peace, nothing is possible, so I persevere and seek. And wait for Spring.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home